The PPBW co-organized the conference entitled Corruption in uniformed services – myths vs. the reality – connected with the 15th anniversary of the Internal Affairs Office of the National Police Headquarters
On 25-27 June 2013 in the Training Center of the Prison Service in Popowo, a conference entitled “Corruption in uniformed services – myths vs. the reality” took place. It was organized by the Internal Affairs Office of the National Police Headquarters and the Polish Platform for Homeland Security, in collaboration with the Polish Chamber of Insurance and the PZU S.A.
The conference was divided into panels focusing on the following topics:
- Corruption among officers and methods used by perpetrators of the crime of corruption;
- The problem of insurance fraud with the participation of officers of uniformed services;
- The possibility to use the Automatic Speech Recognition System in the performance of operational and reconnaissance activities.
The participants of the conference included representatives of the Polish government, judges, public prosecutors, commanders of the military services and the Armed Forces, representatives of the academia and of insurance companies, as well as provincial Police commanders, Police school superintendents, and directors of various offices of the National Police Headquarters.
The honorary guests of the conference included:
- Marcin Jablonski – Vice-Minister of Interior;
- Pawel Wojtunik – Head of the Central Anticorruption Bureau;
- Nadinsp. Marek Dzialoszynski – Commander in Chief of the Police;
- Ryszard Czerniawski – Deputy Human Rights Defender;
- Colonel Jacek Kitlinski – Deputy General Director of the Prison Service;
- Professor Brunon Holyst – Head of the Consultation Board of the Commander in Chief of the Police;
- Professor Tadeusz Tomaszewski – Prorector of the Warsaw University.
During the conference, the 15th anniversary of the Internal Affairs Office of the National Police Headquarters was celebrated.