The beginning of a new project MIRAD
We are happy to inform about the beginning of a new project MIRAD (Multi-Ideological Radicalisation Assessment towards Disengagement) which is co-funded by the European Commission’s Internal Security Fund – Police (ISFP). It will last 18 months and the Polish Platform for Homeland Security is a consortium member. It is another project focused on radicalization prevention in which PPHS is involved.
An official kick-off of the project took place on 19-20 January 2022 in a hybrid format. Some partners were present in person in Paris, others joined the meeting online.
Main goals of the MIRAD project are:
- foster expanded collaboration in the field of disengagement and reintegration programmes between governmental bodies and trustworthy community organisations;
- quality training and learning opportunities on the use of the ideological and gendered-specific IRS;
- enhanced productivity of disengagement programmes;
- catalyse and promote transversal transition programmes for VETOs.
Actions undertaken within the MIRAD project will focus mainly on right-wing and Islamist extremism with a special consideration of gender-specific dimensions. Main tasks of the project are: the tool development and training to assess the trustworthiness level of non-governmental organisations, the adaptation of the Individual Radicalisation Screening (IRS) including an ideological-focused component, a mixed-method training approach, and the development of interinstitutional collaboration models and protocols towards effective disengagement and successful social reintegration.
Conservatoire National des Arts et Métiers from France is the project coordinator. The project consortium, apart from PPHS, also includes:
- IPS_Innovative Prison Systems, Portugal;
- Euro-Arab Foundation for Higher Studies, Spain;
- Center for the Study of Democracy, Bulgaria;
- Social Action and Innovation Centre, Greece;
- Les Militants des Savoirs, France;
- International Association for Correctional and Forensic Psychology – Europe, Belgium.
PPHS will be participating in all the Work Packages, additionally we are the leader of WP6 which focuses on dissemination, communication and outreach.