Summary of the “Modern technologies and methods of criminal analysis used by Law Enforcement Agencies to combat crime” conference
“The future of modern technologies and methods of criminal analysis used by Law Enforcement Agencies to combat crime” conference took place on September 17-18, 2019 in Jurata. It was organized by the Regional Police Headquarters in Gdańsk and Polish Platform for Homeland Security.
The main objective of the conference was to exchange experiences and good practices in the field of modern technologies and methods of criminal analysis used to combat crime. Moreover, a series of workshops was conducted where the following companies presented the latest trends and solutions supporting criminal analysts:
• SAS Institute LLC,
• Matic Inc,
• VoiceLab AI LLC,
• Konica Minolta Business Solutions Poland LLC,
• NEC Eastern Europe Kft. LLC,
• Enigma Information Security Systems LLC.
The conference participants were mainly police officers (the Regional Police Headquarters, the Warsaw Police Headquarters and the National Police Headquarters) and the officers of other uniformed services, as well as academics.
The participants of the conference could also become acquainted with the topics of two international projects:
• i-LEAD (www.i-lead.eu) – five-year-long project whose main aim is to hold discussion among the police representatives from the Member States of the European Union on the possibilities of new technology for usage in five thematic areas: cyber-security, activities of prevention services, forensics, cross-border and criminal offenses.
• FORMOBILE (www.formobile-project.eu) – three-year-long project whose main aim is to work out solutions, which will enable the extraction of previously unavailable mobile data, unblocking mobile devices, as well as the analysis of data from, among others, mobile phones. These solutions are to take into consideration the needs of LEAs.