Security Research & Innovation Event 2016
On 1-2 June 2016, in the Hague, a yearly international conference was held, focused on research in the area of security, which was attended by representatives of the PPHS.
The conference was organized by the European Commission, the European Network of Law Enforcement Technology Services (ENLETS), and the Hague Security Delta (HSD).
Below are the most important conclusions from the conference, as well as links to the materials and photos from the conference.
Recap video and pictures
To get an impression of these two inspiring days, please have a look at the recap video and pictures of the event.
Keynotes and Panel Discussions during the EC Security Research Conference
Reports of the European Commission’s panel discussions are available here, as well as highlights of the keynotes.
Infographic: Interesting Facts & Figures
- The SRIE2016 was visited by 700 professionals from 30 countries interested in the latest European security challenges.
- The matchmaking programme with 137 participants from 22 countries and a total of 240 meetings was very successful.
- 35 Innovations – of which 8 funded by the European Commission – were on display at the Innovation Room.
- 6 security regions and clusters joined forces to jointly enhance the cooperation between public and private parties.
Academia and R&D organisations and stimulate innovation and economic growth. Read more here.
- View the infographic for even more facts & figures.