PREVENT – Procurements of innovative, advanced systems to support security in public transport
- Engineering – Ingegneria Informatica S.p. A (ENG) – Italy.
- Région Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur (REGSUD) – France;
- Center for Security Studies (KEMEA) – Greece;
- Polska Platforma Bezpieczenstwa Wewnetrznego (PPHS) – Poland;
- Société des Transports Intercommunaux de Bruxelles (STIB) – Belgium;
- PKP Szybka Kolej Miejska w Trojmiescie Sp. z o.o. – Poland;
- Société nationale des chemins de fer français (SNCF) – France;
- Hellenic Railways Organisation (OSE) – Greece;
- Union Internationale de Transport Public (UITP) – Belgium;
- Ayuntamento Sevilla (AYTO) – Spain;
- Hellenic Police (HPO) – Greece;
- Israeli Police (MOPS-INP) – Israel;
- Barcelona Police (INT) – Spain;
- Corvers Procurement Services (CORVERS) – The Netherlands;
- Istituto Italiano per la Privacy (IIP) – Italy;
- Instytut Technologii i Bezpieczenstwa Moratex – Poland.
Description of the project:
The Polish Platform for Homeland Security is involved in an international project on anticipating terrorist attacks in public transport entitled “PRocurEments of innoVativE, advaNced systems to support security in public Transport”, whose leader is Engineering – Ingegneria Informatica S.p.A based in Rome. The project consortium includes 16 partners from such countries as Poland, Italy, France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Greece, Spain and Israel. The project is financed by the European Commission under the Horizon 2020 program. It’s implementation began in May 2019 and will last until August 2020.
The main purpose of the PREVENT project is to provide the suitable technology for early detection of potential threats, tracking of detected persons and coordination of the responses of the security services. The assumption is to develop jointly agreed scenarios covering important security issues, including primarily identification of urgent needs in the field of innovation and technologies, implementation of which will improve the coordination of the security system in the area of transport (for operators, services and public authorities).
PPHS is particularly involved in work related to Work Package 2 and Work Package 3 and is responsible for carrying out a broad analysis of the current state and effectiveness of security processes in public transport and an indication of significant weaknesses of these processes. At the same time, work will be carried out on the creation, coordination and promotion of the Project Observation Group, bringing together representatives of transport, services and public authorities from outside the consortium implementing the project.
More information about PREVENT can be found on the project website: www.prevent.eng.it.
Project financed by the European Commission