PREVENT PCP – Procurements of innovative, advanced systems to support security in public transport – pre-commercial procurement
- Engineering Ingegneria Informatica S.p.A. (ENG) – Italy.
- Center for Security Studies (KEMEA) – Greece,
- Regional Council of Sud- Provence-Alpes-Cote d’Azur (REGSUD) – France,
- Societe Nationale SNCF (SNCF) – France,
- Regie Autonome Des Transports Parisiens (RATP) – France,
- Ferrocarrils de la Generalitat de Catalunya (FGC) – Spain,
- Ferrocarril Metropolita De Barcelona, SA (TMB) – Spain,
- Metropolitano de Lisboa, E.P.E. (ML) – Portugal,
- Ferrovie Nord (FN) – Italy,
- Azienda Mobilita E Trasporti SPA (AMT) – Italy,
- ProRail B.V. (PRORAIL) – the Netherlands,
- Corvers Procurement Services BV (CORVERS) – the Netherlands,
- Union Internationale Des Transports Publics (UITP) – Belgium,
- Polish Platform for Homeland Security (PPHS) – Poland,
- Istituto Italiano per la Privacy (IIP) – Italy,
- Institute of Security Technologies MORATEX (MTEX) – Poland,
- Departament d’Interior – Generalitat de Catalunya (INT) – Spain,
- Spanish National Police (MIRPN) – Spain,
- MUXLEY (MUXLEY) – France,
- ASSTRA – Associazione Trasporti (ASSTRA) – Italy,
- VIAS Institute (VIAS) – Belgium.
Description of the project:
PREVENT PCP focuses on augmenting the security in public transport and public areas in the vicinity through innovative procurement of technology solutions that will allow timely automatic detection of potentially dangerous unattended items, identification and tracking of perpetrators, and advanced crisis management system. The main objective of the project is to stimulate innovation, enable the buyers to steer the development of a cost-effective solution directly towards their needs.
PREVENT PCP builds on the outcomes of commonly agreed scenarios, covering the critical security issues down to a detailed identification of the complete set of innovation needs, both at process and technology levels defied in PREVENT CSA.
The project will conduct a phased Pre-Commercial Procurement composed of:
Phase 1: To finalise the tendering documents package already prepared under PREVENT CSA;
Phase 2: To implement the call for tenders for research and development services;
Phase 3: To conduct the competitive development of the prototypes following the PCP principles (design stage, integration & technical verification stage and validation in real environment stage);
Phase 4: To consolidate the results of the evaluation of the developed prototypes, extract conclusions and recommendations from the validation process, and to define a clear strategy for the further uptake of solutions.
The developed prototypes will be tested in real life operational environment in 4 pilots in France, Spain, Portugal and Greece.
This focus of PREVENT PCP is shared by 22 organisations of which 11 are public buyers. The consortium is also supported by User Observatory Group (UOG) composed of practitioners from public transport operators, law enforcement authorities, security forces, and public buyers. The duration of the project is 36 months starting from September 2021 till August 2024.
We would like to invite you to the project website and its profiles on Twitter and LinkedIn.
This project is financed by the European Commission
The project is subsidized from the state budget under the initiative “Bonus on the Horizon 2”