Praetorian – a modern patrol and intervention vehicle
Institutions performing the project:
- Polish Platform for Homeland Security (coordinator);
- Business Knowledge Transfer Company of the Poznan University of Economics (research partner);
- FordStore Germaz (industry partner).
Goal of the project:
The goal of the project is to develop a prototype of a patrol and intervention vehicle suited to the highest extent to the needs of the police, with careful consideration of opinions and expectations of officers. The result will be an innovative car that is fully adapted to the numerous challenges that law enforcement officers must face in their work.
In the framework of the project, over 20 proprietary solutions will be developed and implemented in order to achieve the highest possible versatility and comfort. As a result of application of innovative technologies, the vehicle can be used inpatrolling and intervention, depending on police officers’ needs. Multifunctionality and innovation of the vehicle are guaranteed by:
- bull bars enabling the Preatorian to push away other vehicles;
- two variants of the interior – patrol or intervention;
- the possibility of full adjustment of the zones into which the vehicle is divided to the task being performed;
- a cage for detainees, which can be replaced at any time with a frame for intervention equipment;
- ahe table facilitating patrol operations;
- a container for helmets and private belongings for each officer;
- numerous sockets on the interior walls of the vehicle;
- the possibility to transport 2 to 8 fully equipped officers.