PPHS’s conference in Warsaw 17.06.2015
On 17 June 2015, in the Primate’s Palace in Warsaw, the Polish Platform for Homeland organized a conference titled “Research and development projects in the area of internal security – new challenges, new prospects. Presentation of the PPHS’s strategy for the years 2015-2020”.
The main objective of the Conference was to present the Strategy of the Polish Platform for Homeland Security for the years 2015-2020, which was developed in cooperation with agencies and institutions responsible for internal security and legal order in Poland. The new mode of operation of the PPHS is a response to the changes that have been observed and the current research and development environment in the field of internal security.
The Conference was opened by the Main Coordinator of the PPHS, Professor Emil W. Plywaczewski.
The Conference was divided into two parts.
Presentation, in accordance with the standard practice, of the following projects in the area of security and defense, financed by the National Centre for Research and Development. This part was moderated by Rashel Talukder, the Secretary of the Polish Platform for Homeland Security.
- “Research and development projects conducted in the framework of the European Institute of Homeland Security” – Dr. Wojciech Filipkowski, University of Bialystok – European Institute of Homeland Security;
- Project titled “Integrated Simulation Platform for Crisis Management Entities” – Dr. Grzegorz Gudzbeler, Police Academy in Szczytno;
- Project titled “Advanced information technologies supporting data processing in the area of criminal intelligence analysis (LINK 2)” – Dr. Marek Kisiel-Dorohinicki, Stanislaw Staszic AGH University of Science and Technology in Cracow;
- Project titled “Modern, flame retardant, and ergonomic concealed bulletproof vest” Dr. Marcin Landwijt, “MORATEX” Security Technology Institute;
- Project titled “An advanced system for automatic recognition and processing of spoken Polish language into text, dedicated for services responsible for national security (ARM-1)” – Dr. Ewa Kusmierek, Poznan Supercomputing and Networking Center;
- Project titled “A system for evaluation of threats to security in the cyberspace of Poland for the purpose of Poland’s national security management system” – Dr. Rafal Piotrowski, Military Communication Institute;
- Project titled “New dual use technologies in support of internal security” – Dr. Mariusz Luszczyk, PIT-RADWAR S.A.
Part II (official):
In the second, official part of the Conference, conducted by the Main Coordinator of the PPHS Prof. Emil W. Plywaczewski and the Project Coordinator Prof. Arkadiusz Letkiewicz, the Strategy of the Polish Platform for Homeland Security for the years 2015-2020 and the Advisory Board of the PPHS were presented.
It must be emphasized that the outcomes of the works conducted in the framework of the PPHS fully met the expectations of the institutions for which the Platform was established and that the Strategy was elaborated in cooperation with agencies and institutions responsible for national security and the security of citizen. The following institutions were invited to work on the Strategy: Internal Security Agency, National Security Bureau, Government Protection Bureau, Central Anti-Corruption Bureau, State Fire Service, Police, Government Security Center, Customs Service, Prison Service, Border Guard, and Military Police.
The Conference was attended by:
- Prof. Lech Paprzycki – First President of the Supreme Court;
- Prof. Krzysztof Kurzydlowski – Director of the National Center for Research and Development;
- Col. Jacek Rychlica – Director of the National Cryptology Center;
- Dr. Ryszard Czerniawski – Deputy Human Rights Defender;
- Col. Miroslaw Depko – Deputy Head of the Government Protection Bureau;
- Brig. gen. Marek Borkowski – Deputy Chief Commander of the Border Guard;
- Brig. gen. Wieslaw Lesniakiewicz – Commander of the State Fire Service;
- Podinsp. Tomasz Watras – Deputy Director of the Criminal Service Office, who represented the Chief Commander of the Police, nadinsp. Krzysztof Gajewski;
- Insp. Dr. Piotr Bogdalski – Commandant – Rector of the Police Academy in Szczytno;
- Prof. Tadeusz Jerzy Tomaszewski – Prorector for Teachning and Staff Policy, Warsaw University;
- Prof. Andrzej Glen – Prorector for Science of the National Defense Academy;
- Judge Anna Wesołowska;
- Dr. Zbigniew Wrona – Director of the Department of Legal Affairs, Supreme Audit Office;
- Sebastian Serwiak – Deputy Director of the National Contact Point;
- Dr. Krzysztof Lysek – Deputy Director, Military Communication Institute;
- Brig. gen. pilot Dariusz Wronski – President of the Implementation and Production Center of the Technical Institute of the Air Force;
- Taras Hataliak – representative of the Ukrainian non-governmental organization OPORA.