PPHS has joined the R4JUST project consortium
We are pleased to inform that the Polish Platform for Homeland Security has joined the European R4JUST project consortium. Project is financed by the European Commission and its implementation will continue until February 2022.
R4JUST project is expected to create and raise awareness on the broad picture radicalisation and violent extremism, fostering understanding in:
- why prisons are a breeding ground for radicalisation;
- why probation settings should address the issue of radicalisation;
- the importance of risk and needs assessment information at sentencing; and
- the need for an integrated, multi-sectoral communication approach.
The main goals of the project are:
- Partners/trainers/trainees’ development of a higher sense of role and knowledge in the field of radicalisation;
- Improved capacity of prison and probation professionals to effectively recognise inmates at risk of radicalisation and act upon such identification;
- Judges/prosecutors skill-enhancement on using risk and needs assessment information during sentencing and decision-making;
- Increased awareness and knowledge regarding the importance of an integrated, multi-sectoral approach to the prevention of radicalisation.
PPHS officially joined the project’s consortium in February 2021 and will be participating in most activities, especially in the following Work Packages:
- WP 3: Multi-sectoral training course on radicalisation prevention (prison, probation & sentencing levels).
- WP 4: Training course on the effectiveness of Exit Strategies & Programmes.
- WP 5: Multi-level & cross-sector pollination actions.
To learn more please visit the project website www.r4just.org.