MIRAD – Multi-Ideological Radicalisation Assessment towards Disengagement
- Conservatoire National des Arts et Métiers (CNAM) – France.
- IPS_Innovative Prison Systems (IPS) – Portugal;
- Polish Platform for Homeland Security – Poland;
- Euro-Arab Foundation for Higher Studies (FUNDEA) – Spain;
- Center for the Study of Democracy (CSD) – Bulgaria;
- Social Action and Innovation Centre (KMOP) – Greece;
- Les Militants des Savoir – France;
- International Association for Correctional and Forensic Psychology Europe (IACFP) – Belgium.
Description of the project:
Main goals of the MIRAD project are:
- Foster expanded collaboration in the field of disengagement and reintegration programmes between governmental bodies and trustworthy community organisations;
- Quality training and learning opportunities on the use of the ideological and gendered-specific IRS (Individual Radicalisation Screening);
- Enhanced productivity of disengagement programmes;
- Catalyse and promote transversal transition programmes for VETOs (violent extremist and terrorist offenders).
Actions undertaken within the MIRAD project will focus mainly on Right-wing and Islamist extremism with a special consideration of gender-specific dimensions.
Main tasks of the project are: the tool development and training to assess the trustworthiness level of non-governmental organisations, the adaptation of the Individual Radicalisation Screening (IRS) including an ideological-focused component, a mixed-method training approach, and the development of interinstitutional collaboration models and protocols towards effective disengagement and successful social reintegration.
The duration of the project is 18 months starting from 1 January 2022 till the end of December 2023.
PPHS will be participating in all the Work Packages, additionally we are the leader of WP6 which focuses on dissemination, communication and outreach.
WP1. Management and Coordination of the Action
WP2. Tool development and training (assessing NGO trustworthiness)
WP3. Individual Radicalisation Screening (IRS) adaptation and ideological-focused component
WP4. MIRAD Mixed-method training approach
WP5. Inter-institutional collaboration models and protocols towards effective disengagement and successful reintegration
WP6. Dissemination, communication and outreach
To learn more, please visit the project website.