Managing information and knowledge in services requiring an increased level of security
- Dr. Maciej Stroinski – Poznan Supercomputing and Networking Center.
The institution performing the project:
- Poznan Supercomputing and Networking Center.
The project objective is to develop a basic architecture for services requiring an increased level of security.
The planned research will lead to defining secure services for institutions of internal security, on the basis of a fast and up-to-date information and communication infrastructure.
Three mutually complementing tasks have been defined in the framework of the project:
- a Public Security Grid that will assure using lower layer services (such as coding or information services) and building complex applications using those services;
- a system to integrate information on electronic crimes, enabling automatic inference from various data coming from multiple places;
- a scattered system for detecting intruders, allowing for proper protection of networks and systems for storing so-called sensitive data or classified information.
The final result of the project will be the creation of a pilot installation that will include a set of reliable and secure services, and will be built so that one can implement these services in a large scale production environment (and add new applications).
Project financed by The National Centre for Research and Development