- Professor Andrzej Dziech – AGH University of Science and Technology.
The institutions performing the project:
- AGH University of Science and Technology – Poland;
- Apertus – Hungary;
- Bundeskriminalamt (German Police) – Germany;
- University of Applied Science Sankt. Pölten – Austria;
- Gdańsk University of Technology – Poland;
- InnoTec DATA GmbH & Co. – Germany;
- IP Grenoble (Ensimag) – France;
- National Police Headquarters – Poland;
- APIF Moviquity S.A., Spain;
- Products and Systems of Information Technology – PSI AG – Germany;
- Police Service of Northern Ireland – United Kingdom;
- Poznan University of Technology – Poland;
- Universidad Carlos III de Madrid – Spain;
- Technical University of Sofia, Bulgaria;
- Bergische Universität Wuppertal – Germany;
- University of York – United Kingdom;
- VSB-Technical University of Ostrava – Czech Republic;
- Technical University in Kosice – Slovakia;
- X-ART ProDivision G.m.b.H.
The goal of the project, conducted within the VII Framework Program, is to create an intelligent information system that will provide a high level of security for population in urban areas.
The system will collect and analyze various kinds of information from a monitored area, detect unnatural behavior and situations, and inform the crew manning the system of occurring activities. The analysis of environment will be performed, among others, by a network of sensors that will be able to detect changes in location of objects, sudden changes in temperature, density of dangerous substances, etc.
Another element of the physical layer of the system will be a set of cameras and microphones placed in the protected area. The system will also be able to analyze visual information from other sources, such as aerial and satellite photographs.
The RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) technology, serving the purpose of remote identification of objects, will also be used to assure a high level of protection. Data on a given location may be obtained from such systems as mobile GSM (Global System for Mobilie Communications) and UMTS (Universal Mobile Telecommunications System) telephony, as well as the GPS (Global Positioning System).
This European project will not only be a continuation of the projects performed in the framework of the Polish Platform for Homeland Security, but will also promote the exchange of experiences and strengthen the cooperation with other member states of the European Union.
Project financed by the European Commission under the 7th Framework Program