FORMOBILE – From mobile phones to court – A complete FORensic investigation chain targeting MOBILE devices
- Mittweida University of Applied Sciences – Germany.
- Netherlands Forensic Institute – Netherlands;
- Kyrgyz State Technical University named after I. Razzakov – Kyrgyzstan;
- Polska Platforma Bezpieczenstwa Wewnetrznego – Poland;
- Malta Ministry for Home Affairs and National Security – Malta;
- Cuerpo Nacional de la Policia – Spain;
- Foundation for Research and Technology Hellas – Greece;
- Micro System AB – Sweden;
- time.lex – Belgium;
- Norwegian Ministry of Justice and Public Safety – Norway;
- Zentrale Stelle für Informationstechnik im Sicherheitsbereich – Germany;
- University of Patras – Greece;
- Komenda Wojewódzka Policji w Poznaniu – Poland;
- TU Delft – Netherlands;
- Austrian Standardisation International – Austria;
- Strane Innovation – France;
- Law and Internet Foundation – Bulgaria;
- British Home Office – Great Britain.
Description of the project:
The Polish Platform for Homeland Security is a partner of the international FORMOBILE project (From mobile phones to court – A complete FORensic investigation chain targeting MOBILE devices), led by the University of Applied Sciences Mittweida. The project is financed by the European Commission as a part of the Horizon 2020 Program. The project started in May 2019 and will continue until April 2022.
The main objectives of the FORMOBILE project are to develop solutions that enable acquisition of mobile data that has not been available before, to unblock mobile devices, and to analyze data from, among others, cellular phones, taking into account the needs of law enforcement agencies. Moreover, based on requirements defined by security services, a European standard applicable to mobile phones will be developed. As the new standard and new tools are being developed, training for uniformed services will be conducted.
As a part of the project, the PPHS, as the leader of Work Package 8, is responsible for planning, development, and coordination of all activities of the FORMOBILE project that are associated with communication, dissemination, and utilization of the results of the project.
Project financed by the European Commission