Conference on Improving Elderly Safety
On June 9, 2022, the educational conference “Seniors, Be Safe!” was held at the Municipal Theatre in Leszno, Poland. The meeting aimed to improve the safety of the elderly, with a particular emphasis on e-banking.
Over 100 people attended the meeting aimed at seniors in the Wielkopolska region. Slawomir Piekut, the 1st Deputy Chief of the Regional Police Headquarters in Poznan, and Piotr Jozwiak, the 2nd Deputy Mayor of Leszno, welcomed the participants.
Amongst presented topics were:
- Frauds committed in Leszno
- The newest frauds of cybercriminals
- Methods for bank institutions to protect financial assets
- Psychological and physiological behavioral mechanisms of stress sufferers
- Preventive actions and their impact on society
The conference was held as part of the “Senior, Be Safe!” project, implemented by PPHS and the Regional Police Headquarters in Poznan, and funded under the national grant program ‘Cyberattack Defenses’ financed by the Santander Bank Polska Foundation.