Advanced system for automatic recognition and conversion of Polish language speech into text, intended for agencies and institutions in charge of state security
- Ewa Kusmierek, PhD.
The institutions performing the project:
- Poznan Supercomputing and Networking Center – Project Leader;
- Polish Platform for Homeland Security;
- Future Voice System Sp. z.o.o.
Purpose of the project:
To develop an advanced system for Automatic Recognition and Conversion of Spontaneous Speech (ARM-1) intended for agencies and institutions in charge of the security of the state and it’s citizens.
Description of the project:
The project will focus on development of a state-of-the-art system for recognition and conversion of Polish language speech (spontaneous) into text.It is assumed that the ARM-1 system will perform the following functions:
- Conversion into text of speech in the form of dictation at an office station;
- Conversion into text of speech in the form of dictation to a dictation machine with the possibility of conversion into text later;
- Conversion into text of speech from high-quality recordings (without distinct background noise);
- Conversion into text of speech from lower-quality recordings where distinct interferences (background noise) are present;
- Automatic indexation of recordings database (search based on specific phrases);
- Recognition of linguistic and non-linguistic contents.
Project financed by The National Centre for Research and Development