Academic Conference titled Shaping internal security – a 10th anniversary of the Polish Platform for Homeland Security. Directions for the years 2014-2020
On 3-6 December 2013, in the Polish Academy of Sciences Center in Bedlewo near Poznan, took place a conference entitled “Shaping internal security – a 10th anniversary of the Polish Platform for Homeland Security. Directions for the years 2014-2020”.
The participants of the conference worked in discussion panels dedicated to specific topics, which focused on the following problems:
- civil rights and freedoms versus operational reconnaissance activities of law-enforcement bodies;
- Horizon 2020 – a new perspective for financing research in the field of security in the years 2014-2020;
- cooperation among entities involved in projects in the field of security and defense with the administrators (agencies and institutions responsible for public security);
- projects in the field of security and defense vs. intellectual property laws;
- possibility to use a system for automatic speech recognition in agencies and institutions responsible for public security and legal order;
- safety of vision-impaired persons in road traffic – legal and technological aspects;
- information technology and telecommunication security;
- international scientific cooperation in the area of security;
- commercialization of the results of research and development work.
The conference was attended by over 380 outstanding professionals representing various institutions and groups: most agencies responsible for public security and order (the Police, the Border Guard, the Internal Security Agency, the Central Anticorruption Bureau, the Military Counterintelligence Service, the Intelligence Agency, the Fiscal Audit Office), representatives of the Polish Armed Forces, the President of the Supreme Court and judges of selected Polish courts, representatives of the leadership of the Ministry of Interior, the Ministry of Justice, representatives of the leadership of the Supreme Chamber of Control, the Government Security Center, the National Center for Research and Development, the Prison Service, the Head Inspectorate of Road Transport, the State Fire Guard, the Customs Inspection, the Ministry of Finance, the National Bank of Poland, the Polish Public Prosecutor’s Office, outstanding representatives of academic circles, to include Rectors of Institutions of Higher Education, theoreticians and practitioners of law, and representatives of the Panoptykon Foundation and the Helsinki Foundation for Human Rights.