2019 PPHS conferences and events – summary
Polish Platform for Homeland Security organizes or coorganizes conferences, workshops and meetings related to security issues. The year 2019 yielded in a number of such initiatives addressed to LEAs, representatives of public administration (including teachers and psychologists) and the scientific community.
During the last twelve months, the PPHS was involved in the organization of the following events:
- Workshops on online drug crime (within the LION DC project), 27-28 February, Poznan, coorganizer: Regional Police Headquarters in Poznan, thematic area: the phenomenon of drug trafficking in the Internet;
- “Horizon 2020 for uniformed services – practical aspects”, 24-25 April, Konstancin-Jeziorna, coorganizer: National Contact Point for EU Research Programs, thematic area: possibilities of participation for uniformed services in programs financed by the European Commission;
- “International Police and National Security Services Technology and Equipment Trade Fair EUROPOLTECH 2019, IX International Police Conference”, 8-10 May, Warsaw, main organizers: Gdansk International Fair, Police Headquarters, Ministry of Internal Affairs and Administration, National security services, thematic areas: modern technologies for agencies, equipment for agencies responsible for security;
- “Demonstration of modern technologies for uniformed services” (within Trade Fair EUROPOLTECH 2019), 9-10 May, Warsaw, identification of people based on biometric characteristics of the face; body-worn cameras analytical IT systems;
- “Procurement for Innovations in the Area of Security” (within the i-LEAD project), 23 May, Delft, thematic area: procuring innovative solutions in the area of security;
- “Workshops on security of gatherings and mass events”(within the i-LEAD project), 28-30 May, Poznan, coorganizer: Regional Police Headquarters in Poznan, thematic area: security of gatherings and mass events;
- “Pilot training on radicalization” (within the MINDb4ACT project and Threats Observatory for Young People), 9-10 September, Poznan, coorganizer: the Marshal Office of the Wielkopolski Region, the Teacher Training Center in Poznan, thematic area: prevention of radicalization;
- “Modern technologies and methods of criminal analysis used by Law Enforcement Agencies to combat crime”, 17-18 September, Jurata, coorganizer: Regional Police Headquarters in Gdansk, thematic area: criminal analysis, modern technologies for the agencies;
- “Safe E-commerce Conference (SEC)” 19-20 September, Będlewo, coorganizer: OLX Group, thematic area: preventing abuse and crimes committed via electronic devices;
- “The significance of peer mediation in the upbringing of children and youth – theoretical and practical aspects”, 17 October, Warsaw, thematic area: peer mediation, violence prevention;
- Industry Days (within the i-LEAD project), 5 November, Helsinki, thematic area: modern technologies for LEAs, implementing innovation in services;
- “Cybercrime.1 – Technologies” (“CP.1–Technologies”), 7-8 November, Warsaw, coorganizer: Polish Naval Academy in Gdynia, Foundation for Cybercrime Prevention, thematic area: cybersecurity, cybercrime, modern technologies for LEAs;
- “Effective prevention of corruption and other undesirable phenomena in public administration”, 9 December, Warsaw, coorganizer: Anti-Corruption Academy, thematic area: work ethic and fight against corruption in public administration.
We would like to thank everyone who have participated in conferences and meetings organized by Polish Platform for Homeland Security so far. At the same time, we would like to invite you to the future events. We will keep you informed about them on our website: ppbw.pl/en, in the newsletter and through our account on Twitter.